A complete guide to developing an alternative worship service for the younger emerging generation.
Churches are aging. Even among megachurches with their modern technology and huge number of members, whole generations are now missing. In order to reach the 18-35 year olds, churches need to incorporate alternative worship services into their ministries that meet the unique needs of the emerging generations. In a conversational, narrative style, author Dan Kimball guides church leaders on how to create alternative services from start to finish. Using anecdotes from his own experience at Graceland, Kimball presents six creative models, providing real-life examples of each type. Emerging Worship covers key topics including:
- Developing a prayer team
- Evaluating the local mission field and context
- Determining leaders and a vision-based team
- Understanding why youth pastors are usually the ideal staff to start a new service
- Recognizing the difference in values between emerging worship and the rest of the church
- Asking critical questions beforehand